Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Monday 28 March 2011

Ooh, Shiny!





So I popped by to answer any comments from my last post (which I still haven't done *shifty*), and was very surprised to see that Deirdra of A Storybook World had given me the Powerful Woman Writer award for this blog. I'm not quite sure how I 'qualified' for this award - what with my rambling, my Taffing, and my general nuttiness -  but I'm not going to quibble over it as it is a beautiful award and it made me smile when I saw it.

When I looked into it a bit further, I discovered that there are a number of awards that Deirdra hands out, each of them beautifully illustrated pieces on their own, as well as lovely ideas for awards. Inspiring, magical, creative... these are just three of the awards that the lovely Deirdra could bestow on you. I recommend visiting her site, which is not only beautiful to look at, but  is very writer-friendly too. Deirdra also encourages you to nominate other bloggers that you feel are worthy of one of her stunning awards. I've already discovered some new blogs (and saw some familiar ones too) on her awards roll, and will no doubt be adding several to my already too long reading list.

So a big 'Thank You' to Deirdra for the award, and for also helping me to discover some fabulous new blogs. And also for reminding me that one of these days I need to go through all my posts and dig out the other awards that were given to me, but had no idea at the time how to go about displaying them....*shifty*

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Tara you deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is pretty! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both! And yeah, it's one of the prettiest awards that I have seen (and it ties in so well with my blog colours ;p).

    ReplyDelete