Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Sunday 13 February 2011

Chilling

Another Sunday, and another 6 till 2 shift at Spar. Aside from the general customer dealings and office work, my main responsibilities include the chilled and produce sections. Every shift that I work I usually check all of the 'use by' dates on the bread, the dairy, the chilled and the produce, then reduce accordingly and remove things that are out of date. These checks are done daily and most of the staff take their turn, but as I always work the early shift it is usually down to me on 'my' days.

Aside from these checks, we either have an order to make up or a delivery to put out for these sections six days out of seven. It's all hands on deck for the delivery, but the orders are done by the manager or supervisors only, so being a supervisor means that I'm in charge of ordering the correct amount of products for two of the three weekly orders.

Hence today's picture, for I always seem to have my head stuck in a fridge (er, not literally, but you know what I mean) whenever I am at work.

8 comments:

  1. Brrrrrrrrrrr it's to cold outside to have to stick your head in a refrigerator all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it IS too cold. It's nice in the summer though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. During the summer months, that must be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I normally wish for a bigger delivery in the summer because I can usually spend the whole shift putting the stock into the fridges. Definitely prefer smaller deliveries in the winter though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. That looks like cheese. Real cheese. European cheese. Proper, European, cheesy cheese. Not the meltish, cheesish, "sheese" they have here. The real deal. Ack...

    Oh well. At least I got to eat "deep flied shlimp" the other day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, it's the real deal. I love cheese. Not so keen on deep flied shlimp though. *lights candle for Mari*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I don't suppose you want me to bring in the pudding fan...

    Do you have a 'build to' list or something? Seems like that is what we had when i worked in a restaurant. You'd count what you had, what you needed, and then order the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all based on sales, which can be awkward because sometimes things are on promotion and sell better some weeks anyway. We print up a suggested order and then manually check it against the stock levels. It can be hit and miss. Some days we can't fit all of the milk in the back up area, whereas other days we sell out. Tricky tricky.

    ReplyDelete