Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Friday 18 February 2011

Slightly Imperfect

I got engaged on my nineteenth birthday, and now, almost sixteen years later, I still wear the same ring. One of the claws holding the stone in place is missing, so it is no longer perfect, but if I were offered a replacement I would refuse. We've been through a lot, my ring and I. As well as several thousand dips into soapy water, it has also survived many blips over the years where, like my relationship, it was on, off, then on again.

Like many things, it's maybe a little bit flawed but, again, like many things, I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. awww sweet, here's to another 16yrs.
    My Mom had to stop wearing her engagement ring until she can get it to the jeweler, it's worn so thin it cracked, but then my parents have been married 40 yrs this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely ode to your Ring, perfect in its imperfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weesa - wow, 40 years is a major accomplishment in this day and age!

    Natasha - 'perfect in its imperfection' is EXACTLY the right description. *nods*

    ReplyDelete