Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Thursday 10 February 2011

Mrs Boombastic

So I have some new neighbours (on both sides of my house, actually), and both are young mums who appear to like their music. A lot. Now, I've got nothing against playing music in the house - even loud music - I mean, I like to blast some tunes when the mood takes me too. I don't even mind the type of music as I generally like most things anyway.

What I don't like is when the music starts pumping and is still going strong hours later. Hours and hours later. Weekends, yes, up until a certain time. And I understand that people have parties on Saturday nights. But I have to get up before the sun rises three days a week, and despite my poor hearing, I can hear the thump thump thump long into the wee hours of the morning. Not good.

Me being me,  I decided to make a point. It stands to reason that if you are up partying until three or four in the morning, you are going to want to stay asleep until at least eleven the following day. Now, I have children who are early risers, and generally the entire household is well awake by nine. I figure some nice loud music is a good way to start the day. *shifty* So my spiffy 3ft speakers are now perched on my brand new sideboards, and are thump thump thumping along quite nicely, thank you very much.

5 comments:

  1. That's horrible. When I was a kid we had neighbours who played Simply Red all night long. *claws out eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles* Well that should teach them and if not they're not as intelligent as they think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snickersnort* I love that you were a pill about it instead of yelling at them at night... I'm sure this will sink in much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark - oh dear. *lights candle* Not good.

    Weesa - Hopefully it'll do the trick. *winks*

    Tami - well, you know how I don't like confrontation... this way seemed better. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant.
    And if they complain, you can always look innocent.

    ReplyDelete