Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Saturday 19 February 2011

Tricky Time

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I am a mother of an almost fifteen year old and a nine year old. It seems like only a short while ago that I was fifteen myself, and I can remember some things from that age clearer than I can remember things that happened just a few short weeks ago. Whether that's because my teenage memories are mostly good, so I remember them fondly, or if it's because my brain is going a bit kooky now that I have a teenager of my own, is anyone's guess.

Anyway, this picture was taken when my son was six and my daughter a mere nine months. If I close my eyes, I can almost trick myself into thinking that was eight days rather than eight years ago, Time's a funny thing.

2 comments:

  1. They just grow up to fast. My nieces are both going to be 13 this year(nice of my brothers to have girls the same year) and boy let me tell you
    they are already starting to act it. Thing is I don't remember being a drama queen in my teens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy, don't talk to me about Drama Queens. *dies* My daughter is Hell bent on turning my hair white, I swear. She's already acting like a twenty year old - she's nine!! - so heaven knows what she'll be like by the time she's thirteen...

    And you're right - I KNOW I was never this bad at that age. *scratches head*

    ReplyDelete